HAND-POURED in NSW
The smell of rain on hot cement can conjure feelings of positivity, relief, a cleansing. Also known as petrichor, the smell of rain on hot cement is a blend of incense, vetiver, clary sage and lavender. The scene is calming and soothing. Great for those hot nights when it just won't rain.
Petrichor (pet - tri - chor) - Greek 'petra' rock or 'petros' stone, 'ichor' the essence that flows in the veins of the gods. The term was invented by two Australian scientists in the 1960's upon their discovery of how the smell of rain was created.
Burn time - 30 - 35 hours (provided care instructions are followed)
This listing is for one candle.
About Scents of Saudade
SAUDADE (saw - dah - deh)
A Portuguese word, (n) a nostalgic longing to be near again to something or someone who is distant, or that has been loved and then lost: "The love that remains"
Each and every candle from Scents of Saudade tells a story. These beautiful candles are carefully created with two hands and individually poured in micro batches. Only premium natural soy is used and Australian sourced materials.
Scents of Saudade donate $1 from the sale of each candle sold to FoodBank Australia.
Nostalgic. Unique. Handmade
- Ingredients - 100% natural soy wax, essential oils & phthalate free fragrance
- Size - 8.3cm (high) & 6.5cm (diameter)
- Care Instructions -
- First burn - wait for wax to pool out to the edges before extinguishing the flame.
- Keep the wick trimmed to 5mm before & after each burn.
- Follow instructions supplied with candle.
- End of Life -
- Glass jar & lid - Carefully wipe out any wax residue and reuse container or place in recycle bin
Please note actual colours may vary due to the many variations in monitors and browsers, lighting during photo shoot & camera used.
PROUDLY AUSTRALIAN MADE